I have been nominated for the Sunshine Award which I graciously accept without reservation from Huntmode. In my past I would have blown off such an award because I felt undeserving. But I have come to recognize and acknowledge the fact that if you are nominated for such an award, the sheer fact that someone else thinks you’re worth it, indeed does make the award and nomination worthwhile.
So thank You Huntmode, thank you very much for the nomination. I am and will take it seriously.
Hunt did all the research and leg work, and has provided simple instructions for accepting and going forward. I won’t change a word of those instructions. But if you want, you can make slight modifications like I have.
Ø Rules of the Sunshine Award (as provided by HuntMode)
Ø Post 11 random facts about yourself
Ø Nominate 11 bloggers
Ø Answer these questions eleven questions:
1. What is the first thing you do as soon as you wake up in the morning? Take off my cpap mask, and turn on the light (if wife has already left for work)
2. What is your greatest fear? My greatest fear is of open heights. I have a story about the Grand Canyon and heights.
3. Do you have a new year’s resolution for 2014? If so what was it? I did…and it was to be here for 2015, only a little worse for wear.
4. What is your favorite song at the moment? Stardust by the Gemini Project.
5. What is your favorite childhood memory? When I won 3rd prize at an art show, when I was in the 3rd grade. I was competing against adults. I won 10 dollars for my prize, and that was a lot of money in 1957
6. What’s your favorite social media platform and why? What is a social media platform?? LOL LOL, if that means AOL, then AOL, and the reason is simple it was the 1st one I really tried and understood. I am still getting used to Facebook, Kir and some others (like WordPress LOL).
7. What did the last text message you received say? Someone advising me their email address had changed.
8. What bugs you the most? I will borrow the person answered these before me answer– stupid behavior and bullies.
9. What do you consider to be the most important appliance in your house? Without a doubt my desk top computer, second my Nook.
10. If you could have one song that would play whenever you entered a room, what would it be? I have about 1800 songs on my IPod, anyone of them would be good, but I don’t need “making an entrance” music.
11. What’s your favorite movie quote? From Forrest Gump “Stupid is as stupid does.”
Sunshine Award looks like this:
10 little known facts
Ø My favorite number is 55 (worn on my JV Football Jersey);
Ø I am the runt of my family, but the oldest;
Ø My 1st car was a 1960 Buick LaSalle
Ø I only lived in Louisville KY, for 5 years, but it is the place I am from
Ø Every woman that meets me loves my hair;
Ø I believe that everyone has a purpose, but not all of those purposes are good;
Ø I have had only 4 male best friends, so far, during my lifetime;
Ø I believe you can love with all your heart more than once in a lifetime;
Ø I was totally bummed when the Colts moved to Indianapolis and because of that have become a complete and total Washington Redskins fan;
Ø I drink at least 6 to 8 (16.9 oz.) bottles of water a day, plus other liquids and wonder why I have to pee all the time. LOL LOL that’s the TMI fact of the day.